We signed a 2 year lease to rent our Moultonborough, NH house on 2 acres to Tim Wade, Pam Ross and their 2 high school age kids, Branden Wade and Andrew Wade in January 2009—December 2010.
During the lease, we had the following:
● Pam and Tim paid us 2 months rent cash in advance and no security deposit.
● Pam and Tim were on time with the rent ONLY the first two months. Each following month we had to call them several times in attempt to collect the rent.
● Pam and Tim paid by check twice and both times they BOUNCED! One payment took 1 1/2 weeks to replace by money order, making the rent payment 4 weeks late.
● Pam and Tim Never paid the last months rent.
OTHER VARIOUS PROBLEMS:
● On July 10, 2009 due to Tim and Pam’s continuous late payments, we wanted to put the house up for sale. They would not allow the real estate agent or us to enter the home, cursed and screamed at us and subsequently lied and promised to be on time with the rent (the Realtor in Wolfeboro knew them well and advised not to provoke them).
● The only phone calls generated from Tim and Pam were regarding the oil furnace "not running". With the first call, we told them to just call who they thought was good on 1/16/10. The service was unclogging the oil lines, diagnose the power venter and installing a new pump screen. With their next call 3 months later on 4/26/10 we phoned our furnace man who told us we needed to install a power intake system because the burner was not getting enough air. That cost us over $1100. Seeing their ”basement construction” afterward, we understand why the burner was not running right, it did not have the air it needed (see videos page for more detail).
● They never accepted any mail from us at the rented property address (certified or regular), though they used it for magazines, bank statements and other personal items. They never spoke of or listed another address on the lease, we got it from the rent payment envelope stating a P.O. box and zip code for Wolfeboro, NH. (See documents section)
● They wanted to renew the lease but there were always “scheduling conflicts” when time to conduct a property inspection for 3 1/2 months. They wanted us to mail the lease and they would mail it back.
● We were first informed of a potential problem by the Home Owners Association Attorney. (See documents page Attorney Letter.
● Tim and Pam impersonated my husband for a rental in Bald Peak, Moultonborough, NH. He definitely would not have given them a good reference. (See Documents page for new landlord e-mail to us)
● The Moultonborough, NH police were called several times to the house. (Police reports found on Documents page)
● They never obtained the required N.H. permits for the construction / destruction of our house or the excessive tree cutting. Realtors (as they claim to be) know this is mandatory!
● They Broke and Abandoned the backhoe used to devastate the land. It took us a month to locate the owner who had to replace the hydraulic system in order for it to operate -- at his expense. (See Land Damage for photo's & Documents)
● Made sure to empty the oil tank. From the Court Ordered Inspection on 12/19/10 to the Court Ordered Transfer of Possession on 12/31/10, the oil tank ran dry. On January 1, 2011 we discovered frozen pipes.
● Against the N.H. Law, they did their own electrical and plumbing work. They installed a shower and a tub in the basement. They also ran wires through out the basement rooms and halls they created. (See videos for basement tour)
● Damaged garage door lock rendering it useless.
● Burnt several holes into brand new carpet (installed on 8/16/2008) along with numerous stains that will not come out. Need to replace entire carpet. Living room dimensions are 30' W by 40' L.
● Damaged front entrance; the front door, interior frame and storm door. (Mentioned in the 8/9/2010 police report - See Documents)
● Left a significant amount of junk behind, including chemicals and paint though they lied to the court and claimed to have removed everything. (See videos for junk and Documents for their false statement to the court)
● NEVER returned any of the 4 sets of keys that went to the house. We had to change every lock!
● Broke the sun room door handle, dishwasher, garbage disposal and kitchen faucet. All had to be replaced.
● The Police could not bring charges citing landlord / tenant issue. The only recourse was legal action.
● Rode dirt bikes & snowmobiles over the leach field! (see Video's & Land Damage sections)
● THEY NEVER ASKED OR WERE GRANTED PERMISSION FROM US (either written, verbal or expressed) TO DO ANY OF THIS!
AND OF COURSE, DON'T FORGET THE
HOME DESTRUCTION & LAND DEVASTATION!!